Church of st. john
A modified in-person Eucharist service is offered Sundays at 11am.
Seating is limited, so arrive early to check in with your mask.
St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church (Essington, PA)
Covenant for Regathering
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, I promise, with God’s help and to the best of my ability, to abide by the guidelines of the Diocese of Pennsylvania for participation in the life of my congregation according to the regathering phase in which my congregation is authorized to carry out its mission and ministry.
In fulfillment of the Baptismal Covenant (BCP p. 304-305), I will strive to:
Love my neighbor as myself, I will...
· Wear a mask or scarf over my nose and mouth at all times in church buildings, except momentarily to receive the sacrament or lead worship through an assigned speaking part, and follow public health guidelines for hand sanitizing and disinfecting
· Only attend worship and receive communion if I am non-symptomatic for the COVID-19 virus or any other transmittable disease that could compromise the health of another congregant
· Will abstain from attending if doing so would put me at greater risk due to my own health status
Respect the dignity of every human being, I will...
· Make no physical contact with people beyond the members of my own household
· Maintain a six foot or more distance from other members of the congregation
· Respect any requests for distance, masking, cleaning, to ensure the safety and comfort level of others
Seek and serve Christ in all people, I will...
· Trust and support the decisions of both my diocesan and congregational leaders
· Stay connected with others in my community by telephone, video chat, or mail
Many thanks to the Diocese of Maryland for providing this.
Our church is able to provide incredible programs, events and outreach because of our congregation and their support. by supporting your church you are directly impacting the future of our community and its spiritual health. Click the button below to give to St. John's
“Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the lord, and he will repay him for his deed.”